- (A) UA discount ticket
- (B) Circuit Pacific by LanChile, which is normal ticket (US$1645)
(A) and (B) conts 263,000 yen +10,000 yen (US Tax) US Tax costs 5000 yen x 2 because of entering US twice
- (C) Aero Peru discount ticket (US$150)
- (D) Visit Chile by LanChile ( US$250 )
- (E) UA Award ticket
From Lihue to Honolulu, AQ230 was delayed, and got HA instead of AQ
(*) LanChile's Visit Chile has different prices if you go to Santiago by LanChile or not.
(US1$ = 420-440 Peso)(XPF1 = 1.2 yen)
(*) I booked Lima Sheraton, KonTiki Pacific, Kauai Beach Villa in Japan before a travel, and others were not booked.
|12/10-11||Lima||Sheraton||US$85++ (by UA's discount)|
|12/12||Lima||Hotel SanMartin||US$30 w/ breakfast|
|12/16||Lima||El Patio||US$32 w/Breakfast|
|12/18-20||Santiago||Hotel Tokyo||US$35 w/Breakfast|
|12/21-24||Puerto Natales||Hotel Natalino||12000 peso w/Breakfast|
|12/25-27||Puntarenas||Hotel Montecarlo||7900 peso|
|12/28-30||Puerto Montt||Hotel Colina||US$41 w/Breakfast|
|12/31||Ancud||?||4000 peso w/Breakfast|
|1/1||Puerto Montt||?||4000 peso w/Breakfast|
|1/2||Santiago||Hotel Tokyo||US$35 w/Breakfast|
|1/3-7||Easter Island||Chez Cecilia||US$25 w/Breakfast|
|1/11-14||Kauai Island||Aston Kauai Beach Villa||5000 yen|
Rent a car
- Easter Island 8 hours US$50
- Kauai Island Hertz affordable rate 1 week US$172, 10% off by CitiBank/NW card.
|Cusco||Sunday market of Pisac and Ollantaytambo w/Lunch, w/Guide 1day||US$25|
|Cusco||Machu Picchu wo/Lunch wo/Guide 1day||US$85|
|Puerto Natales||Paine N.P. wo/NP Entrace Charge wo/Lunch, 1day||12000 peso|
|Puerto Natales||Serrano Glacier wo/Lunch, 1day||20000 peso|
|Puntarenas||Isla Magdalena Penguin Colony 15:00 - 20:00||US$30|
|Puerto Montt||Los Todos Santos (Mt. Osorno and beautiful mountains and lake cruise) w/Lunch, 1day||21800 peso|
Things I saw
- Lima Old town, New town(Miraflores), Museum
- Cusco town, Pisac sunday market, Ollantaytambo
- Machu Picchu
- Santiago Centro, Natural History Museum
- Paine N.P. Gray Glacier, Mt. Paine
- Milodon Cave
- Serrano Glacier
- Isla Magdalena Penguin Colony
- Puntarenas, Zona Franca (Duty Free Area)
- Puerto Montt, Angelmo harvor
- Lake Los Todos Santos, Mt. Osorno
- Ancud and Castro of Chiroe Island.
- Easter Island
- Papeete town
- Kauai Island(Hanalei, Old Koloa Town, Spounting Horn, Waimea)
- It's a very good travel. I felt this was a real travel, because of many years blank except few days trip to south Asia.
- I had a great impressions from Machu Picchu and Easter Island. You don't understand Machu Picchu if you don't go there. I had never tired to look Moais in Easter Island. I felt some spiritual things. It is very far from South America or Tahiti, and felt isolated.
- Chile is good country. I wonder it's not so popular to visit for Japanese.
- I talked to many tourists. Some couple are traveling very long after they quit their jobs. US people comes to South America easily similar to Japanese goes to South Asia. Most of Europeans and US traveler are couples of 30's or 40's, Japanese travelers are young or retired people.
- Spanish language spoken countries are hard but had a very fun. They talk to me in Spanish, they don't care I don't understand. They keep talking, and finally I understand they wanted to say. I wanted to speak Spanish.